What was I doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I had just finished my third year as a school librarian, and was looking forward to a summer off with lots of time in my garden. My children were 11 and 8, so I was spending a lot of time driving to ballet, helping with costumes, and eating peanuts and hot dogs at little league baseball games.
What are 5 things on my to-do list today?
- Straighten up the kitchen. (done)
- Go to Anna's graduation party. (done)
- Set up David's table at church, highlighting his accomplishments (for graduating seniors). Sub tasks include buy plastic table cloth and appropriate confetti; select, crop, and mount photos for table. (done)
- Go to the grocery store to buy potatoes for tomorrow's post-baccalaureate service dinner, since David shot up all the potatoes with the potato gun at Anna's party. (done)
- Order coating fabric for the coat sewalong.
Almonds (dry roasted, unsalted).
Nacho chips with guacamole.
Salted-in-the-shell peanuts (see above).
Things I would do if I were a billionaire.
- give a big chunk of money to my church
- donate 1.5 million to the school district I work for to upgrade the 5 high school libraries
- hire someone to clean my house
- invest the rest and live on the interest
Places I have lived.
I don't get around much! I grew up less than 50 miles from my mother's family's ancestral home, and now live about 25 miles away from my parents.
Blacksburg, VA (while in college at VA Tech)
Hampton, VA (1 year)
Newport News, VAWilliamsburg, VA (for 3 weeks -- in the Historic Area)
What types of work have I done.
Secretary(to a librarian)
Library acquisitions/technical services
Photographic libraries (including photo editorial work)
School library administration
6 peeps I want to know more about.
Shannon has a great strategy for this -- If you are reading this, leave me a message and TAG! YOU'RE IT!