Sunday, April 20, 2008

One Pattern Three Ways


I said in an earlier post that I simplified my plans as I went along. I needed to, because I did not have any TNT patterns. I used the shirt pattern for three garments: A basic white shirt, the gray linen shirt, and the print top.

This pattern was a great choice for this swap. The convertible collar coordinates well with the deep notched lapel of the Anne Klein jacket. In addition, the darts give it a sleek shape that combines well with basic bottoms. There is no collar stand, so it goes together quickly.

I made the white shirt in view d, without any modifications to the pattern.

I reduced the depth of the collar so I could fit the collar piece onto the border of the fabric and shorted the sleeve to just above the elbow. The front and back are the same length as in view a, the cropped version, but the hem is even all the way around.

The gray linen shirt is cut to the same length as view a and with the camp-shirt sleeves drafted for the print version. I followed the trim placement guidelines in view a.

This trim is sheer, so I modified the facing so that it is finished along the edge of the lace insertion.

No comments: