Sunday, April 20, 2008

Unifying the Collection with Embellishments

Finding a suitable stretch sheer for the skirt's underskirt was a challenge. I could not find anything suitable, so I overlapped black stretch lace over blue mesh and zigzagged them together along the vertical lines of the lace, and then cut away the blue so the stripe showed through. I liked this so well that I used the motif on the stretch lace top, cutting away three vertical lines at the neckline.


I also introduced a vertical stripe in the gray-blue linen shirt, creating stripes with black grosgrain ribbon, a black/white cord, and linen lace dyed to match. The lace is backed with black organza, hinting further at this season's trend toward transparency in garments. This amount of transparency is JUST enough for me.

To make the print blouse and skirt more like the Oscar de la Renta inspiration, I used sheer black gauze and black braid to emphasize design lines. The collar and front facing are cut from the border.

No comments: